Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Blogging experience


I enjoyed my experience with blogging this semester, I thought it was interesting how I was able to pick any topic and post about it. I have never kept a personal blog before and this forced me to pay more attention to the daily news. I did notice news stories about the Supreme Court and paid extra attention to them given our class focus. It’s important to be interested in the topics you blog about as it comes across with more credibility. Since I like sports, you will notice that I choose to write many of my blogs regarding that particular topic, for example, Zion busting his shoe, the NBA AllStar Game in Charlotte and how Colin Kaepernick’s protests are not covered by the first amendment. Sports and their stars are part of our everyday lives and their actions influence others in society. Blogging is a way for you to write about your thoughts and ideas on a particular topic to make an argument to support it.

Sharing of thoughts and ideas is critical in a democratic society. We discussed the Eight Values of Free Expression in class. Number 4, Individual Self-Fulfillment, free speech allows individuals to express themselves and create their own identities.  Blogging gave me this feeling. I enjoyed seeing my classmates’ blogs to see what they wrote about and what their views were on certain topics that they chose. Having to put in a picture and a link to go along with the blog post was beneficial because it gave a visual aspect about the topic and the link giving more background information if someone wanted to dive deeper and learn more about a topic.

To future students I would recommend finding a topic that interests you and that you feel passionate about. It is difficult at first to put personal thoughts and opinions on display, but having an opinion matters even if everyone doesn’t agree with you.


https://www.bloggingbasics101.com/how-do-i-start-a-blog/
Image result for blogging





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging experience

I enjoyed my experience with blogging this semester, I thought it was interesting how I was able to pick any topic and post abo...